OD Book Discussion CoP
Book: Mastering Leadership, by Robert Anderson and William Adams
Program Details: This session is an interactive discussion around the key principles and applications of Mastering Leadership. For most leaders today, complexity is outpacing their personal and collective development. Most leaders are in over their heads, whether they know it or not. The most successful organizations over time are the best led. While this has always been true, today escalating global complexity puts leadership effectiveness at a premium. Mastering Leadership involves developing the effectiveness of leaders—individually and collectively—and turning that leadership into a competitive advantage. This comprehensive roadmap for optimal leadership features:
- Breakthrough research that connects increased leadership effectiveness with enhanced business performance
- The first fully integrated Universal Model of Leadership—one that integrates the best theory and research in the fields of Leadership and Organizational Development over the last half century
- A free, online self-assessment of your leadership, using the Leadership Circle Profile, visibly outlining how you are currently leading and how to develop even greater effectiveness
- The five stages in the evolution of leadership—Egocentric, Reactive, Creative, Integral, and Unitive—along with the organizational structures and cultures that develop at each of these stages
- Six leadership practices for evolving your leadership capability at a faster pace
- A map of your optimal path to greater leadership effectiveness
- Case stories that facilitate pragmatic application of this Leadership Development System to your particular situation
This timeless, authoritative text provides a systemic approach for developing your senior leaders and the leadership system of your organization. It does not recommend quick fixes, but argues that real development requires a strategic, long-term, and integrated approach in order to forge more effective leaders and enhanced business performance. Mastering Leadership offers a developmental pathway to bring forth the highest and best use of yourself, your life, and your leadership. By more meaningfully deploying all of who you are every day, individually and collectively, you will achieve a leadership legacy consistent with your highest aspirations.
Facilitator: Clarence Norment
Clarence Norment is a lifelong adventurer and corporate leadership development pro who helps leaders blaze their own trail – and to have fun while they’re at it. A five-time Mt. Rainier summitter with a Masters in Human Resource Development from George Washington University and more than a dozen certifications under his belt, Clarence’s skills have been honed by decades of experience working with organizations like Marriott International, MITRE Corp, Kaiser Permanente, and the American Red Cross. He seamlessly blends the perception and wisdom gained in the wild with the lessons learned in academia and corporate practice to move individuals and organizations farther and faster than one-dimensional goal-oriented techniques allow. Clarence draws on his extensive corporate experience in his work as a coach, with over 20 years managing teams in the hospitality, health care, consulting, and construction industries. He is an ICF Certified coach, and brings an extensive array of assessments, tools and resources to his clients. When he’s not traveling or planning his next adventure, Clarence lives in the Washington, DC area with his wife and three children.
Cancellation policy: Event follows federal Office of Personnel Management policy and decisions. If federal government is closed, event will be canceled.
**Please register in advance to ensure sufficient seating.