Coaching SIG: Joint CBODN-ASTD SIG
Topic: Break Through to Calm in Two Minutes or Less
This is an interactive session for helping people who are so stressed they seem like chickens running around with no heads. This presentation will help you as a coach support your clients as they navigate situations that cause them stress.
Specifically, you will be able to:
- Understand the Break Through to Calm methodology
- Become familiar with Break Through to Calm Kit
1. Provide overview of strategy for using Break Through to Calm.
- Take into account individual differencesundefinedwhen lost or stuck people either reflect or react
- Pay attention to GRACE: G=gratitude; R=respect; A=acceptance; C=choice; E=embrace
2. Practice using Break Through to Calm so participants can use the program with individual clients and organizational teams to raise awareness levels when lost or stuck in common situations and how to get calm in two minutes or less.
- Calmness becomes its own tool for managing the situation
- Humor is the oil that smoothes the rough spots in the situation
Renée Barnow has more than 30 years’ experience supporting organizations undergoing large scale change as a communication specialist, trainer and coach. She founded several publications for the ICF Metro DC chapter and is the author of Action Based Communication: Changing Experience through Language and Break through to Calm with More Marshmallow Meditations.
Sandy Robinson has over 30 years’ experience as an educator, coach, and organizational development specialist. She has worked in a variety of public and private organizations.
SIG Leader: Peggy Linden (firstname.lastname@example.org | 301-424-0860)
This group is for those in the CBODN and/or ASTD community who are interested in enhancing their coaching skills and coaching business practices.
The purpose of the Coaching Special Interest Group (SIG) is twofold:
- To provide a community where those interested in the coaching field can informally come together to discuss and share experiences
- To provide a forum for learning new and/or different aspects of the evolving field of coaching
Our efforts are focused on serving the needs and interests of our coaching community. This is most often reflected in areas such as the Identification & Discussion of Tactical and Strategic Coaching Issues; Learning & Sharing of Coaching Models, Techniques, Tools and Strategies; Exploring Ethical and Boundary Issues; Enhancement of Knowledge; and Identification and Sharing of Resources.
Who would benefit from attending: Those in the CBODN and/or ASTD community who are interested in enhancing their coaching skills and coaching business practices.
Meeting Frequency: First Tuesday of each month
*Note: The Coaching SIG does not meet in June, July, or August*
Time: 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Bethesda Regional Library
7400 Arlington Road Bethesda, MD
For additional information and directions to the library go to www.montgomerycountymd.gov/library.
Cancellation Policy: If you need to cancel your reservation for this event, please contact the SIG leader Peggy Linden to notify her of that change.