Coaching SIG: Joint CBODN-ASTD SIG
Topic: Gandhi’s Secrets to a Successful Brand
Time to be blunt. Organizational brands large and small struggle and fail every day. Many chalk this up to bad luck or poor timing, but that’s a cop-out. In most cases the situations leading to failure can be recognized and turned around before it’s too late. In this session you’ll learn to recognize and decode the warning signs, and to understand the steps needed to fix the problems. Tate Linden may be conveying the information, but it’s Gandhi’s words on alignment and perception that are the foundation of the session.
By the end of this session you will:
1) Understand what a brand identity is and why it matters to the success of every organization, be it a sole proprietorship or industry titan.
2) Easily recognize the three signs of brand misalignment and three indicators of weak brand elements – and the negative consequences of each.
3) Learn why a critical ingredient in brand success is provided by the audience, not the branded organization.
4) Know where and how to effectively focus your efforts to build a solid foundation for your own brand’s
Tate Linden, President & Chief Creative of Stokefire Branding & Advertising
Tate has over 15 years experience advising, managing and developing brands for the likes of Discovery Communications, Heinz, Charles Schwab, ADP, and the US Department of Defense. He’s also an in-demand speaker for audiences from 10 to 1500, with recent appearances for the US Congress, HOW Design Conference, ASAE Great Ideas, and the ACCE annual conference. He’s in the midst of writing a book and developing workshops that show in detail how and why to incorporate Gandhian philosophies into organizational identities.
SIG Leader: Peggy Linden (email@example.com | 301-424-0860)
This group is for those in the CBODN and/or ASTD community who are interested in enhancing their coaching skills and coaching business practices.
The purpose of the Coaching Special Interest Group (SIG) is twofold:
- To provide a community where those interested in the coaching field can informally come together to discuss and share experiences
- To provide a forum for learning new and/or different aspects of the evolving field of coaching
Our efforts are focused on serving the needs and interests of our coaching community. This is most often reflected in areas such as the Identification & Discussion of Tactical and Strategic Coaching Issues; Learning & Sharing of Coaching Models, Techniques, Tools and Strategies; Exploring Ethical and Boundary Issues; Enhancement of Knowledge; and Identification and Sharing of Resources.
Who would benefit from attending: Those in the CBODN and/or ASTD community who are interested in enhancing their coaching skills and coaching business practices.
Meeting Frequency: First Tuesday of each month
*Note: The Coaching SIG does not meet in June, July, or August*
Time: 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Bethesda Regional Library
7400 Arlington Road Bethesda, MD
For additional information and directions to the library go to www.montgomerycountymd.gov/library.
Cancellation Policy: If you need to cancel your reservation for this event, please contact the SIG leader Peggy Linden to notify her of that change.