DC Area OD Practitioners CoP
Topic: The Brain and Body Connection to Behavior, Connection, and Change
Description: This thought-provoking, interactive presentation explores how the body and brain influence behavior and decision making through the lens of brain-science, somatics, and communication. Reflection, small group break out and discovery will reinforce key learning and relationship building throughout the presentation.
In this session we will:
- Explore breakthroughs in neuroscience and social psychology that are redefining how we drive performance and foster change in all aspects of business and coaching.
- Examine key drivers and inhibitors that elevate and/or disrupt performance as well as integrate science and tools that are pragmatic and relevant across all aspects of personal and professional development.
- Discover a more holistic approach to influence that blends neuroscience, positive leadership, body awareness, mindfulness, and communication skill with research and science-based practices.
- The body shapes perception and influence.
- The purpose of the brain goes beyond survival.
- Stress and overwhelm is a performance derailer.
- 4 levels of listening that generate possibility.
Presenter: Adrienne Shoch
Adrienne Shoch is founder of 5 to 1 Consulting, a performance generating consulting practice offering coaching and training to individuals, leaders and sales teams. She is an executive coach as well as a strategic leadership and organizational development (OD) executive with more than 25 years’ experience working with global and domestic organizations. She provides an innovative and holistic approach to coaching, learning and change with focus on leadership performance and business development which is comprehensive, pragmatic and relevant on a local and global scale. Her development philosophy blends positive leadership, neuroscience, somatics (body), systems thinking and mindfulness with research and science based practices.
Her breadth of experience includes launching and leading Thales University, a North American corporate university, managing HR functions across Europe as an expatriate in The Netherlands, leading consulting engagements for the World Bank, guest lecturing at Salisbury University School of Communication Arts and working with elite athletes as a sports massage therapist.
CoP Leader: Mark Sachs, email@example.com
Mark has been an OD consultant and executive coach for more than 20 years. He enjoys seeing his clients and their organizations take steps to change, and when they are successful it gives him great pleasure. He earned his MS in OD from the American University/NTL Institute and MA and BA degrees in Sociology from Rutgers University. He is an International Coach Federation, Professional Certified Coach (PCC).
Cancellation Policy: Registrants should contact Mark if they need to cancel. Due to the room size, registrations will be limited so please contact Mark soonest if you register but are then unable to attend so others can register and attend instead.
Additional Notes: A $5.00 per person contribution is requested to help pay for rental of the room.